Performance excellence framework
We are responsible for sustainably managing our non-urban water resources and Queenslanders deserve to have confidence in our approach.
Our performance excellence framework sets out how we define, measure, report and continually improve the way we deliver value to the Queensland public.
How will we know if we are delivering public value?
Our vision is that 'our department is recognised for excellence in sustainable water resource management service and performance'. Our performance excellence framework is based on Listening, Learning and Leading: A Framework for Regulatory Excellence (PDF, 3.5MB), published by Pennsylvania University as part of the Penn Program on Regulation.
The framework identifies 3 attributes we, as water resource managers, want to be known for and the areas in which we're focusing our efforts to achieve excellence:
- Utmost integrity
- We make evidenced-based, consistent and transparent decisions.
- We uphold the law to achieve public good.
- We publicly and honestly report our performance.
- Empathetic engagement
- We seek to raise our stakeholders' expectations of us.
- We value stakeholder relationships.
- Our customer service standards meet our customers' needs.
- Stellar competence
- We have a culture of continuous improvement.
- We ensure our people have the necessary skills and knowledge for their role.
- We focus our resources to achieve the best outcomes.
Reporting our performance
Building community confidence in our performance means openly measuring and demonstrating our progress against this framework. In September 2019 we published our first Performance Review Report (PDF, 1.2MB) to demonstrate how we were delivering the outcomes of the Independent Audit of Queensland non-urban water measurement and compliance (PDF, 1.6MB) and the Queensland Government response (PDF, 507.6KB). Following on from this we developed a 3-stage process for delivering our performance excellence framework.
In 2020 we established the framework encompassing our vision, attributes and focus areas. We also published a 2020 progress and performance report (PDF, 1.4MB) to document our program's achievements and introduce our commitment to establishing a 'regulatory assurance' (performance excellence) framework.
We determined the activities and measures we will report on long term. The 2021 progress and performance report (PDF, 1.5MB) showcases how we have approached meeting the expectations of our stakeholders and documents how we will monitor and report on outcomes.
From mid-2021 we started to measure progress in our focus areas.
The Rural Water Futures Performance Report 2022 sets out our program achievements and the benefits these are delivering for our stakeholders and the community. The report also demonstrates how we have trialled our framework by measuring our stakeholder engagement performance in three business areas.
- Read our performance report 2021-22 (PDF, 4.6MB)
- Read our progress and performance report 2021 (PDF, 1.5MB).
- Read our progress and performance report 2020 (PDF, 1.4MB).
- Read our performance review report 2019 (PDF, 1.2MB).
Last updated: 04 Nov 2022