South East Queensland North
South East Queensland North is a large geographically and economically diverse region. It stretches from north of the Brisbane River, and includes the local government areas of Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Noosa.
This thriving region has a large population good transport infrastructure and industry strengths in: advanced manufacturing, professional services, education, health, construction and the emerging sector of biomedical products and research, as well as industrial biotechnology and bioproducts. This area also holds stunning natural beauty, including beautiful beaches and surrounding hinterland areas, enjoyed by residents as well as domestic and international visitors.
834,876 (June 2018) – projected to increase to 1,182,143 by 2036.
Labour force 429,626 (unemployment rate 6.8% March 2019)
Note – figures exclude Brisbane City Council suburbs north of the Brisbane River.
- access to national and international markets
- Australia’s fastest telecommunications connection to Asia
- availability of highly skilled workforce
- established and competitive local supply chains
- innovative culture
- resilient and diverse economy
- rapidly growing region
- strong and growing economy
- advanced manufacturing
- biomedical products and services
- construction and construction services
- education and training
- food processing
- health and healthcare
- professional services
- tourism and events
- Brisbane Airport's second runway
- The Mill University of the Sunshine Coast Petrie Campus
- Sunshine Coast international broadband submarine cable project
- a new Central Business District at Maroochydore
Last updated: 24 Mar 2021