Regional manufacturing hubs
Our regional manufacturing hubs provide a place for local manufacturing businesses to receive expert advice and support to transition to advanced manufacturing.
If you’re ready to grow your manufacturing business, our regional manufacturing hub teams are here to help.
Each hub offers access to a wide range of services including:
- LEAN manufacturing workshops
- Introduction to digital technology workshops
- Assistance with grant writing
- Business-to-business mentoring and networking, Mentoring for Growth
- Improving supply chain capability
- Sustainability seminars
- Assistance to increase access to national and international markets
- Coordinated access to existing and emerging trade and professional skills
- Improved access between business and research
- Support for industry recognised skills and certifications
- Technology demonstration days
- Industry 4.0 seminars
- Virtual and physical tours of advanced manufacturing businesses
- Hosting of international experts in advanced manufacturing
- Events and workshops on advanced manufacturing, automation, robotics, Internet of Things
Find out how our Manufacturing Hubs are making a difference and supporting manufacturers and businesses across Queensland.
Browse our success stories.
Manufacturing Hubs Grant Program
We have made available $13.5 million through the Manufacturing Hubs Grant Program (MHGP) to assist eligible businesses. Up to $4.5 million is available for each manufacturing hub to build the advanced manufacturing capability of the Cairns, Gladstone, Rockhampton and Townsville regions.
This is an opportunity for manufacturers to become more productive and create the jobs of the future through:
- technology adoption
- skills and training
- business development
- advance robotic manufacturing hub services.
Please read the guidelines and funding agreement before you begin your application, and note only online applications will be accepted.
- Program guidelines - Manufacturing Hubs Grant Program (PDF, 462.1KB)
- Funding agreement - Manufacturing Hubs Grant Program (PDF, 447.8KB)
The MHGP will be open to eligible applicants until June 2022 or once the program is fully subscribed.
Information regarding applications through the Manufacturing Hubs Grant Program for the Gold Coast is expected from October 2021.
How to apply
Contact the Cairns, Gladstone, Rockhampton or Townsville Hub for a preliminary discussion regarding your project.
Following this discussion, should you wish to apply, a form requesting access to the application portal will be emailed to you. The fund will be open to applications until the program monies are fully allocated.
Find your local manufacturing hub
The manufacturing hubs offer training, business development programs, tailored advice and play host to a regular program of workshops and events to help your business grow.
The hubs also have strong links with local universities, schools and TAFE Queensland to develop a workforce with strong skills in science, technology, engineering and maths.
Manufacturing hub Focus areas Location Contact Rockhampton
- rail manufacturing and technology
- advanced technologies for metal production
- food product innovation
Central Queensland University
North Rockhampton QLD 4701
Phone: 0407 563 377
- renewable energy
Martin Hanson Building
Central Queensland University
Gladstone Marina Campus
Gladstone QLD 4680
Phone: 0436 814 547
Last updated: 15 Jul 2021