Design in Manufacturing seminar series
With design influencing more than 70% of a product's final cost, increased use of design principles across the manufacturing process will help manufacturers:
- lower costs
- bring products to market faster
- be more competitive
- grow and employ more Queenslanders.
That's why we've developed the Design in Manufacturing Program, an advanced manufacturing initiative, that contributes to our advanced manufacturing roadmap and action plan.
The program aims to:
- raise businesses' awareness of the importance of design in manufacturing
- highlight the opportunities for advanced manufacturers arising from the use of design and engineering analysis software, new materials and advanced manufacturing techniques in a digitised economy
- identify sources of advice and information that will strengthen businesses' design capability
- showcase the benefits of incorporating design principles and practices in manufacturing production and processes.
Last updated: 24 Mar 2021